Blackberry and apple are delicious together and this slice is a lovely accompaniment to an afternoon cuppa or warm for dessert. It is best eaten within a day.
|¾ cup||Brown sugar|
|3 Tbsp||Water, cold|
|3||Apples, peeled and sliced (Main)|
|2 cups||Blackberries (Main)|
|½ cup||Almonds, chopped|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat oven to 180C. Place flour and sugar in a bowl and rub in butter until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre and mix in egg yolk and cold water. Form together into a ball and press half into a baking paper lined 20 x 30cm slice tin.
- Cover with sliced apple and blackberries and a little sugar if your apples are tart.
- Place small pieces of remaining shortcake mixture on top and scatter with almonds.
- Bake for 45 minutes until shortcake is golden and crisp.