A fun dessert for a summery party, served outside on the lawn.
|500 g||Frozen berries (Main)|
|¼ cup||Berry cordial|
|1 ½ Tbsp||Gelatine|
|1 ½ cups||Water|
|1 Ltr||Vanilla ice cream|
|1 cup||Desiccated coconut|
|1 drop||Green food colouring|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Thaw berries, then place in a sieve over a bowl. Press to release the juice. Stir in sugar and cordial.
- Sprinkle gelatine over ½ cup of the measured water in a heatproof bowl. Leave to swell for five minutes.
- Dissolve over a small saucepan of simmering water. Mix gelatine into juice with remaining one cup water.
- Fill six half-cup-capacity glasses with jelly and refrigerate until set.
- Roll ice-cream into balls and return to the freezer.
- Mix coconut and food colouring together. Place in a thin layer on a baking paper-lined oven tray.
- Bake at 120 degC for 15 minutes. Turn oven off and leave coconut in oven until completely dry.
- Roll ice-cream balls in coconut. Refreeze ice-cream balls until required.
- Melt marshmallows in a large bowl in the microwave for two minutes.
- With the help of a teaspoon shape liquid marshmallow around base of strawberries.
- Serve jellies with coconut ice-cream balls and strawberries.