Kids and adults alike will love these Mexican nachos that are quick and easy to prepare. Scrummy!
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Onion, finely diced|
|500 g||Beef mince (Main)|
|800 g||Whole peeled tomatoes|
|2 Tbsp||Tomato paste|
|¼ tsp||Chilli powder|
|1 packet||Corn chips (Main)|
|½ cup||Cheddar cheese|
|¼ cup||Low-fat sour cream|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat a saucepan, add olive oil and onion, and cook over a medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes until softened.
- Add beef mince and cook for 5 minutes, breaking up the mince with a wooden spoon.
- Coarsely chop canned whole tomatoes and add to the pan.
- Add tomato paste and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chilli powder and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon mince mixture onto four plates and surround with corn chips.
- Serve topped with grated cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.