Homemade tortillas are fabulous party food. The pork belly can be prepared and marinated ahead of time. I suggest cooking it the day before, so on the day it just needs reheating.
|2 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|1||Red chilli, chopped finely|
|¼ cup||Lemon juice|
|750 g||Pork belly (Main)|
|1 packet||Corn tortillas|
|1 serving||Chopped fresh coriander, to garnish|
|¼ ||Red onions, sliced|
|½ ||Green chillies, chopped|
- In a small bowl combine garlic, chilli, cumin, oil, salt and lemon juice. Remove skin from the pork belly. Rub the meat with marinade and leave for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a barbecue to low. Remove the pork reserving the marinade for basting. Cook pork, covered, on hot plate for 2 hours, turning once every 30 minutes. If you find it getting too dark, place it on a sheet of tinfoil.
- While it is cooking make tomato salsa and guacamole. When the pork is cooked and tender let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat tortilla on barbecue for 30 seconds each side.
- Serve the pork sliced on the tortilla with a dollop each of tomato salsa and guacamole. Garnish with coriander.
- To make tomato salsa: Combine all ingredients with salt and pepper to taste.
- To make guacamole: Mash all ingredients with salt and pepper to taste.