These little cakes can be eaten plain, or covered in our sweet and sticky caramel topping - they'll be a flyaway success!
|110 g||Caster sugar|
|¾ tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|110 g||Self raising flour|
|85 g||Cream cheese|
|40 g||Unsalted butter|
|85 g||Dulce de leche|
|40 g||Icing sugar|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- First preheat the oven to 180 degC. Line a muffin tin with 8 paper cases. Next peel and mash the banana and set it aside.
- Put the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat until pale and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs and vanilla. Then add the eggs to the butter mixture, a little at a time, beating thoroughly.
- Now add the banana to the butter mixture and stir it in. Then sift the flour over the top and fold it in.
- Fill the paper cases with the mixture. Bake for 20 minutes, or until risen and springy to the touch.
- To make the icing, beat together the cream cheese and butter. Then beat in the Dulce de Leche and icing sugar.
- Slice the tops off the cakes and cut the tops in half to make butterfly wings. Pipe or spoon the icing onto each cake. Dust the wings with icing sugar, pop them on the cakes and serve.
* You can use caramelised condensed milk