Macaroni cheese is a real kiwi favourite, and this baked version is a hearty dish perfect for any night of the week.
|300 g||Macaroni (Main)|
|4 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 cup||Grated cheese|
|2||Ham steaks (Main)|
|3 Tbsp||Fresh parsley|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|⅓ cup||Parmesan cheese|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat oven to 180 degC.
- Cook macaroni (or small pasta shapes) in plenty of boiling salted water for 10 minutes (or according to packet instructions) until just tender to the bite. Drain well.
- At the same time, combine oil, flour and mustard in a saucepan and place over a medium heat for 1 minute, stirring to form a smooth paste.
- Blend in milk and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, whisking continuously until a smooth sauce forms. Add grated cheese(edam or gruy) and stir until melted.
- Stir in cooked pasta, tomatoes, ham and parsley, then season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into a greased oven dish or 6 individual ovenproof dishes.
- Scatter with grated parmesan cheese and bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until macaroni cheese is hot and the cheese on top is golden brown.