This Italian-inspired dish makes a fabulous weekday meal - you can whip it up in no time at all.
|1||Aubergine, sliced 1cm thick|
|8||Boneless chicken thighs, skinless (Main)|
|1 tsp||Brown sugar|
|1||Lemon, freshly zested and juiced|
|½ cup||Black olives|
|4||Tomatoes, large and ripe, cut into quarters|
|2 sprigs||Fresh thyme, chopped|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place aubergine slices into an ovenproof baking dish. Drizzle over 2 Tbsp oil and place in hot oven for 10 minutes to soften.
- Heat remaining oil in a frying pan and brown chicken on both sides. Place on top of aubergine.
- Add garlic, sugar, lemon zest and juice, olives and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add thyme.
- Return to oven for 40 minutes until tomatoes soften and chicken juices run clear.
- Remove and serve hot with orzo or rice and a green side salad.