Easy and economical, marmalade can be made with any mixture of citrus fruit.
|3 large||Grapefruit, * (Main)|
|6 ½ cups||Sugar|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Peel the fruit*, remove as much pith as possible from the skin and then slice it finely.
- Place fruit flesh in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Place fruit flesh and skin in a large bowl and pour over 2 cups of water. Cover and leave to soak overnight.
- Place fruit in a large saucepan with remaining 4 cups of water and bring to the boil, then simmer for 40 minutes.
- Add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Boil mixture rapidly for 15 to 20 minutes until a spoonful of marmalade on a cold saucer sets.
- Pour into sterilised jars and seal when cold.
* The total weight of fruit should be 1.5kg