My auntie Alice, who is a wonderful cook, tells me her immediate family have been demanding this slice for years. Makes 24 slices.
|1 Tbsp||Golden syrup|
|2 cups||Plain flour|
|1 cup||Sultanas (Main)|
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
|25 g||Butter, softened|
|2 cups||Icing sugar|
|2 Tbsp||Water, hot|
|½ cup||Coconut shreds (Main)|
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Grease a 20 x 30cm slice tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat in with the golden syrup.
- Fold the sultanas into 1 cup of the flour to coat. Add this to the creamed mixture with an extra 1 cup of flour and the baking powder.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While in the oven, prepare the icing by combining the icing sugar, butter and hot water.
- When the cake is cool, cover with icing and toasted coconut