Asparagus and ham work well together in a tart, with a touch of cheese and a creamy filling. If you have a little leftover ham off the bone it is even more special. I like to spread a teaspoon of Dijon mustard on the base of the pastry before adding the filling, or add some fresh thyme for a tasty touch.
|1 ½ cups||Flour|
|50 g||Sour cream|
|1 cup||Gruyere cheese, grated|
|1||Spring onion, sliced thinly|
|½ cup||Ham, chopped|
|1 bunch||Asparagus, blanched|
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease a 34cm x 10cm tin.
- First make pastry - place flour, salt and butter into a kitchen processor. Blitz until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg and sour cream, blend until dough is formed.
- Place dough on to a lightly floured bench. Roll pastry and line the base and sides of your tin. Cut off edges and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Line pastry with baking paper and rice to bake blind. Place it into oven for 15 minutes, then remove paper and rice and bake for another five minutes. Remove from oven.
- Into pastry base sprinkle half the cheese, spring onion and ham. Arrange asparagus over base.
- Whisk eggs and cream together. Season with salt and pepper. Pour carefully over asparagus. Sprinkle on remaining cheese. Bake in oven for 40 minutes until golden and just set. Remove and serve hot or at room temperature.