|120 g||Spaghetti, or enough for two (Main)|
|1 Tbsp||Neutral oil, for cooking|
|4 rashers||Bacon (Main)|
|1 small||Red onion|
|1 clove||Garlic, large, crushed|
|1 bunch||Asparagus, cut into chunks|
|¼ cup||Grated parmesan cheese|
|½||Lemons, juiced and zested|
|1 small bunch||Flat leaf (Italian) parsley, chopped|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Cook the spaghetti in plenty of salted boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil to medium high heat and add the bacon.
- Fry for a few minutes, stirring constantly until it starts to crisp, then add the onion. Continue stirring constantly as the onion cooks, being careful not to let it burn.
- Add about 2⁄3 of the cream and increase the heat. Add the garlic, and continue stirring — the cream will reduce and thicken.
- Add the raw asparagus pieces. Add the rest of the cream and season well. Keep cooking until the sauce has thickened (about 4-5 minutes), then reduce heat slightly and add the spaghetti.
- Mix well and then add parmesan and lemon zest and juice. Continue to mix through before removing from the heat. Serve immediately.
- Garnish with additional parmesan, salt and pepper, and flat leaf parsley.