This vibrant crunchy salad makes for a perfect side or healthy light lunch.
|1 splash||Vegetable oil|
|½ tsp||Flaky sea salt|
|200 g||Green beans, tips removed|
|1||Granny Smith apple|
|2 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|1||Spring onion, 2 if small|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat a small frying pan to toast the almonds. Add a splash of oil.
- Lightly toast the almonds. Season with flaky salt. Remove from the pan and cool.
- Heat a pot of water to blanch the beans. Add salt and sugar to the water; this helps to heighten the green colour of the beans.
- When water reaches a rolling boil, add the beans. Cover with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain in a sink with cold running water and ice if you have it. Remove from the water when cool, and drain.
- Slice the spring onions and courgettes on an angle and place in a large bowl.
- Cut the apple into quarters, core and slice thinly.
- Place in a separate bowl and drizzle with lemon juice and flaky sea salt. Mix through then add to the vegetables.
- Stir garlic through the mayonnaise and add to the vegetables. With your hands, gently lift the vegetables to coat with mayonnaise.