You can also press the warm biscuits into muffin moulds and leave them to cool to make crispy Anzac cups. These cups make great banana splits.
|½ cup||Rolled oats (Main)|
|½ cup||High grade flour|
|¾ cup||Desiccated coconut|
|70 g||Brown sugar|
|4 Tbsp||Golden syrup|
|½ tsp||Baking soda|
|1 tub||Ice cream, flavour of your choice|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat oven to 180C.
- Blitz the rolled oats, flour and coconut in a food processor until smooth.
- Heat butter, brown sugar and golden syrup until melted.
- Dissolve baking soda in 1 Tbsp boiling water, then whisk into the butter mixture. Remove from heat and cool a little.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Place level tablespoons of dough on a baking tray lined with baking paper then press them out into thin circles (we used an 8cm cookie cutter to get them perfect), making sure they're well separated. Bake for 7-10 minutes until golden. Remove and leave to cool and crisp.
- Fill wafers with icecream to make sandwiches.