|2 cups||Water, tepid|
|2 ½ tsp||Active dried yeast|
|3 cups||Flour, sieved twice (Main)|
|1 Tbsp||Aniseed (Main)|
|¼ cup||Polenta, (fine)|
|2 cups||Wholemeal flour|
|¼ cup||Olive oil, blended with the aniseed|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast in the water. Stir in the first quantity of flour in three batches. Mix for 1 minute, cover for 1½hours.
- Sprinkle over the salt and aniseed, then stir in the polenta and wholemeal flour.
- Turn out on to the bench and knead for 10 minutes. Place into a greased bowl, cover and prove until doubled in size. Knock back, divide in half, roll into a ball and roll out to 25cm in diameter.
- Place on to greased and dusted baking sheets, prove for 40 minutes then bake in a preheated 175C oven for 30 minutes.
- Brush while warm with the aniseed olive oil and extra sea salt flakes.