This recipe is by Shaun Clouston, Logan Brown (Wellington), from The Great New Zealand Baking Book (published by Thom Productions and PQ Blackwell, $49.95).
|¼ cup||Coconut sugar|
|1 cup||Plain flour|
|1 Tbsp||Dutch cocoa powder (Main)|
|1 cup||Cornflakes (Main)|
Milk chocolate caramel
|240 g||Milk chocolate|
|¼ cup||Chopped walnuts, preferably New Zealand ones|
- Heat oven to 160C fan-bake or 180C regular. Grease and line a baking tray.
- Cream butter and sugars together until fluffy. Sift flour and cocoa together and add to creamed mixture. Stir in cornflakes.
- Place 24 heaped teaspoonfuls of mixture on the tray and bake for 10–12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place chocolate in a medium-sized bowl. Heat sugar, without stirring, in a medium-to-large pot on a medium heat until it becomes a light golden caramel colour. Slowly pour cream in and whisk until smooth — be careful, as the sugar can spit as you pour it in. Pour caramel over chocolate and whisk until smooth, then whisk in salt and milk. Set aside to cool.
- Once everything is cooled, sandwich biscuits together with milk caramel and roll the sides in chopped walnuts.