The 10 key things you need to know out of the Budget announcement.
• A $790 million child hardship package which includes a $25 increase in core benefits for beneficiaries with children; minor adjustments up and down in Working for Families payments depending on income.
• Increased obligations on beneficiaries regarding finding part-time work.
• Budget deficit of $684 million this financial year, turning into a $176 million surplus in 2015/16.
• Economic growth to average nearly 3 per cent over the next four years.
• Unemployment expected to fall below 5 per cent next year.
• The prospect of "modest" tax cuts in 2017 - election year.
• A $52 million "contingency fund" to speed the building of houses on crown-owned land in Auckland.
• The wiping of the $1,000 kick-start contribution on signing up to Kiwisaver.
• A new "border clearance levy" for arriving and departing passengers of $16 and $6 respectively.
• A $20 million increase in the budgets of both the Security Intelligence Service and the Government Communications Security Bureau.
Mobile users scroll down for best interactive experience.