Boxing's fight of the century has rocketed Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao well clear in the latest Forbes annual list of the highest paid athletes.
American Mayweather, who won the fight in Nevada, tops the list with combined salary and endorsement earnings of $US300m ($NZ425m). Tiger Woods' career may have collapsed, but he still makes the top 10 thanks to endorsements.
Tennis star Maria Sharapova is the top ranked woman in 26th place with combined earnings of $42.2m. Rival Serena Williams is 20 places back, with combined earnings of $35m.
Indian cricket captain MS Dhoni comes in at 23rd, with earnings of $43m.
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
Russell Coutts is New Zealand's richest athlete, earning $13m last year.
1) Floyd Mayweather (boxing) $425m
2) Manny Pacquiao (boxing) $227m
3) Cristiano Ronaldo (football) $113m
4) Lionel Messi (football) $105m
5) Roger Federer (tennis) $95m
6) LeBron James (basketball) $92m
7) Kevin Durant (basketball) $77m
8) Phil Mickelson (golf) $72m
9) Tiger Woods (golf) $72m
10) Kobe Bryant (basketball) $70m