Take your trusted news source with you 24/7 to anywhere you go.
Access your trusted source of news at any time and from anywhere in the world, using your smartphone or tablet.
The NZ Herald app showcases first-class content across the NZ Herald, Viva, The New Zealand Listener and from our regional titles the Bay of Plenty Times, the Northern Advocate, Hawke’s Bay Today, Rotorua Daily Post and Whanganui Chronicle. Enjoy a broad coverage of issues and events, from national, regional and world news, politics, sport and business, to lifestyle and entertainment.
If you are a digital subscriber, you can also access paid content once you are signed in using the email and password for your subscription.
Personalize your app experience by:
• Accessing recommended articles based on your reading history
• Choosing between a standard or compact layout on mobile
• Adjusting the article font size based on your reading preference
• Customizing alerts for breaking news, location and interest-based notifications
• Setting your weather based on your geo-location or chosen location
If you are registered with us and sign into the app you can also:
• Personalise your favorite topics and sections for easy access from the homepage top menu
• Save news to read later in your own personal reading list
• Manage the newsletters you want to receive
• Subscribe to Herald Premium, Viva Premium or Listener within the app
If you’re already a subscriber to our Premium content offering, besides reading the full stories of your subscription and getting all the benefits of being a subscriber, you can also:
• Select offline reading for your saved news
• Read today’s newspapers e-editions (the digital version of our publications)
• Sign up for premium newsletters covering key topics of interest with exclusive insights from our editors
To learn more about all the benefits of a Herald Premium subscription, visit nzherald.co.nz/whysubscribe.