Who says romance is dead?
It's alive and well according to a recent study that tried to find out what Kiwis' favourite romantic movie is.
Statistics compiled by EliteSingles shows that 92 per cent of Kiwis admit they like to watch rom-coms with a date.
So the dating website asked 200 singletons to name their favourite beloved romantic comedy of all time.
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
Just in time for Christmas, the festive film Love Actually came out on top, with Pretty Woman second and When Harry Met Sally third.
Other films named include Sleepless in Seattle, Notting Hill, Dirty Dancing and The Holiday.
Hugh Grant was named our favourite romantic hero, and Sandra Bullock came top for favourite heroine.
Here is the list of New Zealand's all-time favourite rom-coms:
10. Something's Gotta Give (2003)
9. The Holiday (2006)
8. Dirty Dancing (1987)
7. Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994)
6. Notting Hill (1999)
5. Sleepless in Seattle (1993)
4. The Notebook (2004)
3. When Harry Met Sally (1989)
2. Pretty Woman (1990)
1. Love Actually (2003)
NZ's favourite romantic hero
1. Hugh Grant (18 per cent)
2. Richard Gere (17 per cent)
3. Patrick Swayze (13 per cent)
4. Ryan Gosling (11 per cent)
5. Tom Hanks (10 per cent)
NZ's favourite romantic heroine
1. Sandra Bullock (22 per cent)
2. Julia Roberts (21 per cent)
3. Audrey Hepburn (12 per cent)
4. Rachel McAdams (9 per cent)
5. Meg Ryan (8 per cent)