• 1 cup prunes
• 5 free range eggs
• ¼ cup honey, maple or agave syrup
• 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil or butter, melted
• 1 ½ cups of ground hazelnuts
• ½ cup cocoa or cacao powder, plus a little extra for dusting
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 2 tbsp honey, maple or agave syup for drizzling
Preheat the oven to 160 C, and grease a cake or tart tin with olive oil or butter.
Place the prunes in to a bowl, and then cover with boiling water. Leave to soften for ten minutes, and then drain well.
Place the prunes, along with the remaining ingredients into a food processor. Blend until smooth.
Pour the batter in to the prepared cake tin, and then smooth out evenly.
Arrange the pear slices on top, and then drizzle the honey over the fruit.
Bake in the oven at 160C for 45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
Leave to cool, before inverting on to a plate.
*refined sugar free