Fire 'extinguished with gumboot' after kids set Mangere grass alight

Guy Fawkes weekend has officially started for South Auckland fire crews, who were called to Mangere East, South Auckland just after 3pm.

Northern fire communications shift manager Jaron Phillips said a member of the public saw some kids set alight some grass on Raglan St and called 111.

Firefighters headed to the scene and found a small blaze.

"It was put out with a gumboot," Phillips said.

- NZ Herald

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2017, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf04 at 27 Feb 2017 19:37:28 Processing Time: 391ms