Due to the weather bomb expected to hit New Zealand this weekend, tomorrow's Beach Busters clean-up at the Coromandel has been postponed.
The event will now go ahead a week later, on Saturday March 10, at the same time and place.
"A major part of our operations for the weekend, particularly around Coromandel Town, are based on boats and with heavy rain and winds forecast to hit 40 knots, it is simply not going to happen," Sam Judd, boss of organisers Sustainable Coastlines,said.
If you have registered to volunteer but can no longer take part due to the date change, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have already booked a camp spot at Tucks Bay, the booking is transferable to next weekend. Alternatively, refunds are available.