'Dynamite recordings' of Angelina Jolie could dent her bid to get primary custody of her six children during bitter divorce with Brad Pitt, reports UK newspaper
According to The Sun, the rumoured tapes could prove highly embarrassing for the star as it's claimed she intends to prove Pitt did strike one of their children.
Pitt, 52, has been cleared by the LA County Department Of Children And Family Services (DCFS) who found no abuse.
A source told the paper: 'We believe audio tapes exist of Angelina that would be absolutely dynamite against her if they were to be made public.
"Nobody wants to play dirty like that but Angelina and her team seem absolutely hell-bent on trying to discredit Brad in order to stop him getting full custody."
They added: "Yes, there was an argument on a plane between him and Maddox, but that's it. It's not abuse."
The latest news comes as it was revealed Jolie, 41, is prepared to fight Pitt in court to win custody of their six children.
Following the news Wednesday that the Ocean's Eleven star has been cleared of abuse allegations by the LA County Department Of Children And Family Services, a rep for the actress told TMZ she's prepared to present evidence to a judge that he did commit abuse.
Jolie doesn't want to share custody with her ex but Pitt shows no signs of backing down from his stated determination to seek joint physical and legal custody of Maddox, 15, Pax, 12, Zahara, 11, Shiloh, 10, and twins Knox and Vivienne, 8.
Law enforcement sources revealed Wednesday it had been decided that the 52-year-old actor had not committed child abuse when he got into an altercation with Maddox aboard a private jet in late September.
Pitt hit his first red carpet since his shocking late September split from Jolie.
On Wednesday evening the actor joined Marion Cotillard at the Los Angeles premiere of his WWII drama Allied.
And Pitt - who wasn't wearing his wedding ring - spent a lot of time signing autographs for fans, and was grateful for their 'kindness' as he spoke with them.
He told E! News : 'It's really sweet, everyone has been really kind out here. It's really nice to have all the support.'
Jolie filed for divorce just days after the incident and on Friday Pitt formally filed a response to her petition in Los Angeles.
A rep for the Maleficent star moved quickly to tell TMZ: 'Angelina said from the beginning that she felt she had to take action for the health of the family and is relieved that after their 8-week involvement, the DCFS is now satisfied the safeguards are put in place that will allow the children to heal.'
Jolie currently has primary physical custody and Pitt has monitored visitation. Now that the DCFS investigation is closed, the former couple will have to battle it out in court if they can't come to an agreement privately.
Meanwhile, Pitt has made his first public appearances since news of the divorce broke six week ago.
On Tuesday, the actor, 52, joined pal and Ocean's Eleven co-star Julia Roberts for an LA screening of the movie Moonlight, which he is executive producing for his company Plan B.
Then on Wednesday, he walked the red carpet at the LA premiere for his new film Allied.
He signed autographs for fans and also posed for pictures with his co-star, French actress Marion Cotillard.