The whole family will enjoy this tasty bake, and it's economical too.
|400 g||Pasta bows|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Onion, finely diced|
|3 cloves||Garlic, crushed and chopped|
|600 g||Beef mince (Main)|
|2 cans||Chopped tomatoes, 400g each|
|2 Tbsp||Tomato paste|
|350 g||Spinach, coarsely chopped (Main)|
|¼ cup||Parsley, finely chopped|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 cup||Cheddar cheese, or mozzarella, grated|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water for 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain well.
- At the same time, heat a saucepan, add oil, onion (finely diced) and garlic (crushed and chopped), cooking over a medium heat for 5 minutes to soften.
- Add the beef mince and cook for 5 minutes, breaking up the mince with a wooden spoon.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste, then simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced and sauce thick.
- Stir in spinach (coarsely chopped) and parsley. Season well with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine pasta and beef sauce and pour into a large baking dish. Scatter with cheese and bake for 25 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden brown.