Jennifer Lopez is being sued by her former driver, who claims he was "chastised and humiliated" by her manager while working for the pop diva.
According to legal documents obtained by E! News, Hakob Manoukian has slapped the On The Floor singer and her manager, Benny Medina, with a suit alleging fraud, breach of contract and wrongful termination.
Manoukian claims in the lawsuit that he began working part-time for Lopez and her soon-to-be-ex-hubby Marc Anthony in 2005.
He states that the former couple convinced him to shut down his private limo company and become the singer's head of security and transportation.
The suit alleges that, when Manoukian became a full-time employee in 2011, his base salary would be US$72,000 a year, plus "production pay" when Lopez was filming or performing.
Bottom line, he'd be paid an estimated US$200,000 annually.
Check out a copy of the lawsuit here (pdf).
But the proverbial hit the fan, alleges Manoukian, when Lopez began filming upcoming flick What to Expect When You're Expecting in Atlanta in 2011.
Manoukian, who was born in Iraq, claims that Medina allegedly "chastised and humiliated" him for the way he dressed, told the driver it was a big mistake to hire him, and that "he could not speak English well enough" to handle working for Latin diva Lopez.
Manoukian also claims that he didn't get a whiff of the production pay or overtime he was allegedly promised.
The driver further alleges that Medina persuaded Lopez to demote him, stripped him of his security duties, and relegated him to "merely be Lopez's Los Angeles driver."
"Medina telephoned Manoukian and confirmed that he would only be allowed to drive Lopez when he was in Los Angeles," the lawsuit states, according to RadarOnline.com.
"Medina said he would be handling all security and non-California transportation for her...Manoukian was constructively discharged by Nuyorican Productions, Lopez and each of them."
Manoukian is seeking unspecified damages and overtime compensation.
Lopez has yet to comment on the lawsuit, but Medina, quizzed by TMZ, dismissed the allegations, and described Manoukian as a "disgruntled employee who chose to quit".
* Bobby Brown speaks: "I wasn't the one that got Whitney on drugs".
* Is their feud finally over? "She's looking way better right now" - Kelly Osbourne on songbird Christina Aguilera; boy band gives The Voice judge non-apology.
* No Mariah, no.
* Rihanna playing villain in The Fast and the Furious 6?
* Who ordered beefcake? Mark Wahlberg brings out the big guns on the set of new movie Pain and Gain.
* Michelle Pfeiffer thrilled for Anne Hathaway as Catwoman.
* Reach for the mind bleach: Bankrupt 'Octomom' says she's open to porn offer - but no touching.
* Watch it: Fans unlock third Dark Knight Rises trailer.
* Jessica Simpson gives birth to a baby girl.
* Ashton Kutcher returning to Two and a Half Men for another season.
* John Mayer's new single Shadow Days is about former flame Jennifer Aniston.
And while you're down here, check out Mayer's video for the aforementioned tune below:
- Blogger Bites BackBy Myrddin Gwynedd @ohthatwelshguy Email Myrddin