Two crashes caused havoc on the Auckland Harbour Bridge this morning, blocking traffic in both directions.
The crashes have since been cleared and traffic is now moving, although commuters have been told to expect delays.
A police spokesman said the first crash involved at least two cars, with reports of up to five vehicles involved, at about 6.05am.
It was blocking the left lane citybound on the bridge, causing delays.
A crash is blocking the left lane northbound on the Auckland Harbour Bridge. Expect delays and take extra care. ^LC— NZTA Akld & Nthlnd (@NZTAAkl) September 25, 2016
Tom Moir was stuck in traffic on the Harbour Bridge as a result of the crash, and said he saw a "pile-up" of cars.
"It was quite shocking really to be driving past that at that time of the morning."
He said he was held up by "nose-to-tail" traffic for 15 minutes until passing the crash site.
Police were called about a second crash involving a truck and a car just before the bridge at 6.14 this morning. It is blocking two lanes, with traffic backed up from Esmonde Rd.
The police spokesman said police were on their way, while NZTA tweeted that commuters should expect delays.
Crash blocking 2 lanes citybound on the Nthn Mwy, just prior to the Harbour Bridge. Traffic is building quickly with delays from Esmonde ^LC— NZTA Akld & Nthlnd (@NZTAAkl) September 25, 2016
NZTA also tweeted that a third crash clear of lanes citybound on the Northern Motorway would add to the delays.
A crash is clear of lanes citybound on the Nthn Mwy after Sunset Rd. This will add to delays already heading south due to earlier crash ^LC— NZTA Akld & Nthlnd (@NZTAAkl) September 25, 2016
A police spokeswoman said they had been called about a crash between the Upper Harbour Highway and Tristram Ave.
There are currently no reported injuries from any of the crashes.