A two day operation targeting burglaries in Auckland has resulted in 25 arrests.
The alleged offenders were netted in Operation Sunrise, which focussed on historic and on-going burglary cases across Glen Innes, Mt Wellington and Panmure.
Eastern Area Acting Area Commander Inspector Andy King said the two-day operation was the start of a much larger crackdown on property crime offending across the Auckland City police region.
It also comes after the Herald highlighted this month that more than 90 per cent of burglaries in New Zealand last year went unsolved, with resolution rates for the crimes falling to 9.3 per cent.
In the Auckland City region, the resolution rate was just 6.2 per cent.
"Burglary and property crime offences cause a significant amount of stress and anxiety to those who are victims of these offences so we are pleased to be bringing more offenders before the courts for these crimes," he said.
"We will continue to come down hard on these offenders over the coming months."
Mr King said Operation Sunrise started on Wednesday and of the 25 arrests, 22 were for warrants to arrest for failing to appear in court.
Four people were charged with property offences and one person was charged with disorderly behaviour.