A half century from Siddharth Roy saw the Bay of Plenty Indians get home over Central in the second round of the Lakeland 40-over competition.
Roy hit 52 as his team reached the target of 158 with two wickets to spare at Neil Hunt Park on Saturday.
Earlier Allan McMurdo scored 42no for Central before backing it up with 3/28 with the ball.
Brad Wiggins chipped in with three wickets.
Geyser Cricket Club had a good start to the competition with wins for both teams over their Taupō Old Boys' counterparts.
The O'Donoghue brothers again led from the front for Geyser WHHS with Eamon stroking 82 and Joe picking up 4/19 in their 54-run win over Old Boys' 1.
Geyser JPC had a 130-run win over Old Boys' 2, Jono Collier the star with 4/18.
Rotorua Lions failed to chase down the target of 254 set by Lake Taupō despite a good knock of 68 by AJ Hettiarachchi. Abhi Gupta top-scored for Lake Taupō with 48 while Michael Mitchell and Moko Rivers chipped in with 40s.
Rivers capped off a top all round performance with 4/40.
South Waikato won a close game over the Rotorua Strikers.
Lakeland Reserve 40-Over Competition results:
- Central CC 157/8, (A McMurdo 42*, S Chandra 2/19) lost to BOP Indians 158/8 (S Roy 52, A McMurdo 3/28, B Wiggins 3/30)
- COB 2 63/10 (J Collier 4/18, D Singh 3/21) lost to Geyser JPC 193/8 (A Kumar 61, C Barker 3/44)
- COB 1 167/10 (C Jackson 52, S Bunni 30, J O'Donoghue 4/19) lost to Geyser WHHS 221/9 (E O'Donoghue 82, H du Plessie 3/11)
- Rotorua Lions 155/10 (AJ Hettiarachchi 68, M Rivers 4/40, S Chourasia 3/15) lost to LTCC 254/10 (A Gupta 48, M Mitchell 46, M Rivers 40, P Dasanayake 2/31)
- Strikers 11 169/10 (R Dahiya 55, T Fergesson 3/14, G Hall 2/17) lost to South Waikato Senior Mens 171/8 (H Singh 61, R Kumar-Radhakrishna 3/26)
Lakeland Reserve 40 Over Competition Table:
Geyser WHHS 35
Geyser JPC 34
South Waikato 34
BOP Indians 32
Rotorua Lions 24
Striker's 11 22