Worried about what you're going to do while Tropical Cyclone Lusi bears down on Rotorua? Fear not, online reporter Alison King lists 10 activities you can get on with.
- Huddle on the couch and watch your favourite DVDs. Maybe not a good idea to watch Twister or Wizard of Oz.
- Bake a cake or try a new recipe you've been meaning to give a whirl. So long as you have power you can be productive in the kitchen. If you have kids they can help with the cleaning up.
- Curl up with a good book, or three. Stock up at the library or re-read some of your old favourites. And if you have a Kindle you can download new reads as you go through them.
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Create a blanket fortress with your kids. Use your imagination, you can be stuck in a hurricane shelter or pretend to be on a spaceship.
- Get on with that housework you've been putting off. Yeah right!
- Keep your phones on charge while you use them just in case power should be lost.
- Get in your wet weather gear and do some gardening. Watch out for low flying branches and retire inside if it starts to thunder.
- That 1000 piece jigsaw you got for Christmas, good time to get started on that.
- Crafts, the cyclone can be a good excuse to do whatever crafts you like to indulge in.
- Climb stairs. Bad weather is no reason not to exercise.