Included in today's Water Inquiry findings were a mix of urgent and early recommendations.
Hawke's Bay Today has collated a list of the 10 primary recommendations.
* Promote principles of drinking water safety
* Abolish the secure classification system
* Establish a drinking water regulator
* Mandate universal treatment
* Establish a licensing and qualifications system for drinking water suppliers and operators
* Mandate collaboration
* Create dedicated and aggregated drinking water suppliers
* Every waster supplier to have emergency response plan and boil water notice documentation
* Improve the testing and laboratories regime
* Prohibit new below-ground bore heads
The report said the recommendations identified "would substantially improve the safety of drinking water in Havelock North and elsewhere in New Zealand, and could prevent a recurrence of an outbreak of waterborne illness".