|6-7||thin slices brown bread|
|Spray oil||for greasing|
|1 cup||fresh or frozen whole kernel corn|
|3||eggs, lightly beaten|
|1 1/2 cups||milk|
|Salt and pepper||to taste|
|Chilli powder||to taste|
|3/4 cup||shredded tasty cheddar cheese|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Remove the crusts from the bread. Cut each slice in half diagonally.
- Brush a 23-25cm baking dish with oil. Line with the bread, standing the points over the rim of the dish.
- Sauté the onion in a small pan in the remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add the corn. Continue cooking for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Spoon into the baking dish. Combine the eggs, milk and seasonings and slowly pour over the corn. Stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Top the corn mixture with the cheese. Bake for 40 minutes or until set. Excellent served as a lunch or a light meal.