A scrub fire along the border of Castlecliff Golf Club on Tuesday was caused by a spark from a controlled bonfire.

Firefighters were called to the club at about 4.30pm to put out the fire which spread over an area 150m by 30m along the northern border of the course.

About four fire appliances and rural fire units attended.

"It was under control pretty quickly," senior station officer Aaron Summerhays said.

Advertisement

He said dry conditions had contributed to the fire which took about three hours to put out.

Mr Summerhays said it was a timely reminder to take care with fire given the dry conditions in the district at the moment.

"Check to make sure there are no restrictions in place before you start burning."