Man flown to hospital after swallowing bee

1 comment

A man was flown to Waikato Hospital this morning after swallowing a bee.

The 57-year-old, from Matamata, was holidaying in Whangamata and was out on a bike ride when he swallowed a bee that flew into his mouth.

The man had a severe allergic reaction and had trouble breathing, so was flown to the local medical centre by Trustpower TECT Rescue Helicopter.

The rescue helicopter then transferred the man to Waikato Hospital for treatment.

- Bay of Plenty Times

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

Have your say

1200 characters left

By and large our readers' comments are respectful and courteous. We're sure you'll fit in well.
View commenting guidelines.

Sort by
  • Oldest

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf02 at 03 Dec 2016 17:42:26 Processing Time: 243ms