Juliet Ramson knows how hard it is to be a mum, that's why she wants to make sure others have the best Mother's Day possible.
Ramson runs the jewellery workshop Jura Design & Makery and contacted other mum-run businesses to co-ordinate an online giveaway.
"I think I've only just realised really how much mum really did for us when we were little. You only start to understand when you have kids of your own," Ramson said
"I contacted a whole bunch of other mothers running businesses and they've all donated awesome prizes.
"There is about $1000 worth of prizes we'll be giving away as a social media promotion."
The mother-of-two said the giveaway resonated with other mothers she spoke to. She initially asked four businesses to get on board with the project but other mothers in business she spoke with wanted to support the giveaway.
"The fact they were willing to drop everything and put forward quite substantial offerings for our local mums shows where their hearts are.
"I for one know how tough it is to organise daily life running after two other people and so do the other mums involved. They are on the same wavelength.
"We felt it would be nice to do something for the other mums."
Ramson was excited about the eight items being given away and said they would be given to eight different mothers.
The competition began yesterday and will be drawn on May 7. To enter go to the Facebook page of any of the businesses involved and tag a deserving mum on the original post.
Mother's Day is on May 13.
Up for grabs:
- A voucher for a jewellery workshop by Jura Design & Makery
- A workshop for two at Maori Weaving Rotorua
- A hand-woven kete by Rotorua artist Anna Hayes
- Nest earrings by Juliet Ramson of jewellery studio Found Jewellery
- A $20 voucher to try out child friendly eatery Arts Village Cafe
- Three wall hung cubes, fluid acrylic hearts with resin finish by local artist Tabitha Ramsay from Art By Tab
- A floral arrangement by Bloom Art
- A photography package covering a shoot session and canvas by Grace Jones Photography