Rotorua Daily Post
  • Rotorua Daily Post home
  • Latest news
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Property
  • Sport
  • Video
  • Death notices
  • Classifieds

Subscriptions

  • Herald Premium
  • Viva Premium
  • The Listener
  • BusinessDesk

Sections

  • Latest news
  • On The Up
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Property
    • All Property
    • Residential property listings
  • Rural
    • All Rural
    • Dairy farming
    • Sheep & beef farming
    • Horticulture
    • Animal health
    • Rural business
    • Rural life
    • Rural technology
  • Lifestyle
  • Sport

Locations

  • Tauranga
  • Te Puke
  • Whakatāne
  • Rotorua
  • Tokoroa
  • Taupō & Tūrangi

Media

  • Video
  • Photo galleries
  • Today's Paper - E-Editions
  • Photo sales

Weather

  • Rotorua
  • Tauranga
  • Whakatāne
  • Tokoroa
  • Taupō

NZME Network

  • Advertise with NZME
  • OneRoof
  • Driven Car Guide
  • BusinessDesk
  • Newstalk ZB
  • Sunlive
  • ZM
  • The Hits
  • Coast
  • Radio Hauraki
  • The Alternative Commentary Collective
  • Gold
  • Flava
  • iHeart Radio
  • Hokonui
  • Radio Wanaka
  • iHeartCountry New Zealand
  • Restaurant Hub
  • NZME Events

SubscribeSign In

Advertisement
Advertise with NZME.
Home / Rotorua Daily Post

Man charged with Hawke's Bay sex offences gets bail in Rotorua

Kelly Makiha
Kelly Makiha
Multimedia Journalist·Rotorua Daily Post·
28 Nov, 2017 04:25 AM2 mins to read
‌

Subscribe to listen

Access to Herald Premium articles require a Premium subscription. Subscribe now to listen.
Already a subscriber?  

Listening to articles is free for open-access content—explore other articles or learn more about text-to-speech.
‌
Save
    Share this article
A man facing two charges of sexual offending against women in Hawkes Bay appeared in the Rotorua District Court today relating to incidents on November 5 at Napier and Havelock North. Photo/File

A man facing two charges of sexual offending against women in Hawkes Bay appeared in the Rotorua District Court today relating to incidents on November 5 at Napier and Havelock North. Photo/File

A man facing two charges of sexual offending against women in Hawke's Bay has been granted bail in Rotorua.

The man, who cannot yet be named, appeared in the Rotorua District Court today charged with sexual violation relating to an incident on November 5 in Havelock North.

He had previously appeared in the Napier District Court charged with indecent assault of a woman in Napier, also on November 5, and was granted interim name suppression.

He was bailed to Rotorua but was arrested on Friday in relation to the second offence and appeared in the Rotorua District Court on Saturday. Interim name suppression was granted until today.

His lawyer, Harry Edward, said the two charges would come together in the Napier District Court on December 6 and he asked that interim name suppression continue until then.

Advertisement
Advertise with NZME.
Advertisement
Advertise with NZME.

Judge Greg Hollister-Jones declined the request but Edward indicated he would appeal the decision to the High Court.

Judge Hollister-Jones said Edward had until 5pm tomorrow to lodge an appeal.

The judge granted bail on the condition the man remained at the Rotorua bail address 24 hours a day. He must travel with one or both of his parents to Napier for court via the most direct route on December 6.

Advertisement
Advertise with NZME.
Save
    Share this article

Latest from Rotorua Daily Post

Rotorua Daily Post

'Hot on my heels': Voss edges Moody as marathon records tumble in Napier

18 May 05:00 AM
Rotorua Daily Post

‘Shonky methodology’: Mayor hits back at Whakatāne rates league ranking

18 May 03:00 AM
Rotorua Daily Post

New Tongariro Great Walk hut on track, but summer route no longer full circuit

18 May 02:00 AM

Sponsored

From boring to banger: Rapper turns Kiwis’ mortgage misery into music

17 May 12:00 PM
Advertisement
Advertise with NZME.

Latest from Rotorua Daily Post

'Hot on my heels': Voss edges Moody as marathon records tumble in Napier
Rotorua Daily Post

'Hot on my heels': Voss edges Moody as marathon records tumble in Napier

Michael Voss won in 2h 19m 52s, slashing over four minutes off his 2022 mark.

18 May 05:00 AM
‘Shonky methodology’: Mayor hits back at Whakatāne rates league ranking
Rotorua Daily Post

‘Shonky methodology’: Mayor hits back at Whakatāne rates league ranking

18 May 03:00 AM
New Tongariro Great Walk hut on track, but summer route no longer full circuit
Rotorua Daily Post

New Tongariro Great Walk hut on track, but summer route no longer full circuit

18 May 02:00 AM


From boring to banger: Rapper turns Kiwis’ mortgage misery into music
Sponsored

From boring to banger: Rapper turns Kiwis’ mortgage misery into music

17 May 12:00 PM
NZ Herald
  • About NZ Herald
  • Meet the journalists
  • Newsletters
  • Classifieds
  • Help & support
  • Contact us
  • House rules
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Competition terms & conditions
  • Our use of AI
Subscriber Services
  • Rotorua Daily Post e-edition
  • Manage your print subscription
  • Manage your digital subscription
  • Subscribe to Herald Premium
  • Subscribe to the Rotorua Daily Post
  • Gift a subscription
  • Subscriber FAQs
  • Subscription terms & conditions
  • Promotions and subscriber benefits
NZME Network
  • Rotorua Daily Post
  • The New Zealand Herald
  • The Northland Age
  • The Northern Advocate
  • Waikato Herald
  • Bay of Plenty Times
  • Hawke's Bay Today
  • Whanganui Chronicle
  • Viva
  • NZ Listener
  • Newstalk ZB
  • BusinessDesk
  • OneRoof
  • Driven Car Guide
  • iHeart Radio
  • Restaurant Hub
NZME
  • About NZME
  • NZME careers
  • Advertise with NZME
  • NZME Digital Performance Marketing
  • Book your classified ad
  • Photo sales
  • NZME Events
  • © Copyright 2026 NZME Publishing Limited
TOP