I visited the Blue Baths during the school holidays in September last year.
We met a family there who told us that the baths would be closing in January. As we were leaving, I asked a staff member if that was correct, and they confirmed it.
At the time, I thought it was strange that there was no public announcement, so it does seem odd that the public is only being made aware of its closure now (News, June 2).
In my opinion, this is an example of poor council communication.
What's the difference?
The latest debacle the management of using motels to provide housing for people has been revealed (News, June 3).
There are new owners of the Ambassador Thermal Motel in Rotorua, which is located at one of the premier tourist sites.
But they have bought it only to find out the Ministry of Housing and Urban Development has not approached them to be a new emergency housing provider.
So, what is the difference between the Ambassador and other motels on Rotorua's Fenton St tourist mile?
Why are we waiting?
I imagine in some provincial city in China they have built a new motorway with flyovers, a thousand houses, shopping mall, two schools and a hospital in the time it has taken to make a new roundabout at Te Ngae Rd.
It is with relief in your paper last Wednesday that I see our grown-up cousin, Australia, has helped get our country back on track taking Communist China to task over the human rights issues of the Uyghur people amongst other concerning issues.
Bring on the elections.
The Rotorua Daily Post welcomes letters from readers. Please note the following:
• Letters should not exceed 200 words.
• They should be opinion based on facts or current events.
• If possible, please email.
• No noms-de-plume.
• Letters will be published with names and suburb/city.
• Please include full name, address and contact details for our records only.
• Local letter writers given preference.
• Rejected letters are not normally acknowledged.
• Letters may be edited, abridged, or rejected at the Editor's discretion.
• The Editor's decision on publication is final. No correspondence will be entered into.