Make ingredients public
Like Dawn Picken (Opinion, September 7) , I think if our Government wants to make sure all children are vaccinated against measles it needs to resort to blackmail as the Australian government has done.
But let's be fair to the "anti-vaxxers".
They are sincerely terrified that vaccines contain harmful substances.
There is absolutely no excuse why a full list of exactly what is in the vaccines can't be made public.
Laraine A Barker
May I please have acknowledged two special, selfless people via your Letters to the Editor column?
One is the innovative Vic Reid, who turned 95 in August and was the instigator of the Rotorua U3A Cooking for One class.
The other is Milani Thompson, who tutors the class in a purely voluntary capacity to give back to the community that embraced her and her family a few years ago and has taken it upon herself to produce a Recipes for One cookbook, drawing on Vic as her inspiration and using many ideas from her homeland of South Africa in the delicious dishes therein.
Milani sprang the surprise of the cookbook and presented Vic with the first one at his recent birthday party. There are copies available for a reasonable charge at Artisan Cafe, Tutanekai St.
$59,000 prize for Rotorua Boys' High School at education awards
Rotorua encouraged to come together for Conservation Week 2019
The U3A Cooking for One class, which started in 2011, is primarily for those who are left alone to cook for themselves.
That can be a challenge if you've cooked for a family prior.
The Rotorua Daily Post welcomes letters from readers. Please note the following:
• Letters should not exceed 250 words.
• They should be opinion based on facts or current events.
• If possible, please email.
• No noms-de-plume.
• Letters will be published with names and suburb/city.
• Please include full name, address and contact details for our records only.
• Local letter writers given preference.
• Rejected letters are not normally acknowledged.
• Letters may be edited, abridged, or rejected at the Editor's discretion.
• The Editor's decision on publication is final.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Editor, PO Box 1442, Rotorua 3040.