It is important to understand that developing a successful community requires managed growth and a constructive, co-ordinated effort between public-sector organisations and the private sector.
Rotorua is of a size where the community can readily work together to develop and implement creative solutions to our economic and social challenges.
These challenges include:
• Ready-for-use subdivisions – commercial and domestic
• Investment and creation of a dynamic city centre
• Roading infrastructure
• The arrival of the ''environmental age".
• Unemployment, illegal drug use and homelessness.
• More primary industry awareness.
These and other challenges will require a co-ordinated effort that should attract the incoming council's