The company Event Impressions has taken out the top award at the 2018 Westpac Rotorua Business Excellence Awards last night.
The awards were held at the Energy Events Centre and included six excellence award categories and six business award categories, plus three special awards.
This year new categories were introduced at the award launch in April. The theme, Uniquely Rotorua, was inspired by a desire to recognise and celebrate Rotorua's key industries.
The finalists were announced in August and a 24-member judging panel determined the winners.
Event Impressions is an event planning and styling business. It was a finalist in the Service Sector Excellence Award category which it took out last night.
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Kacy Sander
- Employee of the Year: Daniel Ward – 4 Square Edmund Road
- Social Licence Business Award: Crankworx
- Not For Profit Business Award: Te Taumata Ngāti Whakaue Iho-Ake Trust
- Innovation and Disruption Business Award: Kilwell Fibretube Ltd
- Bi-Lingual Business Award: Kahui Legal
- Business Person of the Year: Peter Clark – PF Olsen
- Small Business Excellence Award: Stolen Bike Catering
- Retail Excellence Award: 4 Square Edmund Road
- Service Sector Excellence Award: Event Impressions
- Tourism & Hospitality Excellence Award: Kaitiaki Adventures
- Primary and Manufacturing Industries Excellence Award: Onuku Māori Lands Trust
- Judges Acknowledgement of Excellence Award: Kilwell Fibretube Ltd
- Property & Construction Excellence Award: The Glass Guys
- Outstanding Contribution to Rotorua Award: Red Stag Timber
- Supreme Business of the Year: Event Impressions