A garden centre and commercial centre that has been part of Kerikeri's landscape for nearly 75 years — albeit with different owners and closed for periods — Redwoods Garden Centre and Redwoods Cafe is for sale.
It is part of 2.19ha property with several buildings and stores on State Highway 10 just past the Kerikeri turn-off. Redwoods Commercial Centre tenants include a veterinary clinic and cattery, financial adviser, skin cancer care clinic and a storage company.
Named for the large redwood trees which stood on the property, some of which remain on the boundary, the site was bought in 1957 by Maurice and Shirley Kempthorne.
Most of the redwoods were milled to build the garden centre and cafe complex.
John and Robyn Rowe bought the property in 2013 and developed the varied portfolio of tenants who are there today.