New Zealand Community Trust has dished out over $442,000 in its latest round of grants in the Bay of Plenty region, with a number of local organisations receiving a funding boost.
New Zealand Community Trust granted $442,644.65 to 14 organisations within the wider Bay of Plenty.
Among the recipients was Croquet Mount Maunganui which received $12,457.50 towards a new and upgraded irrigation system, coring of lawns, along with fertiliser and sand supplies.
Bay of Plenty Rugby Union received $15,000 towards accommodation.
Mount Maunganui Amateur Swimming Club received $18,846.36 to go towards coaching costs and Youth Development Trust Western Bay of Plenty received $15,000 towards costs for Project K Wilderness Adventure and Community Challenges.
The Trust's gaming venues contributed to these grants included:
- City Sports Bar, 20 Hamilton St, Tauranga
- Cobb & Co. Whakatane, 79 The Strand, Whakatane
- Flannagan's Irish Pub, 14 Hamilton St, Tauranga
- Forta Leza, 2656 Main Road, Katikati
- Hennessy's Irish Bar, 1208-1210 Tutanekai St, Rotorua
- Judea Tavern, 35 Koromiko St, Tauranga
- Kasper's Sports Bar, 1302 Tutanekai St, Rotorua
- Kawerau Hotel, 1 Plunket St, Kawerau
- La Mexica, 109 The Strand, Tauranga
- Lava East, 17 Plummers Point Rd, Omokoroa
- Marble Bar, 1000 Cameron Rd, Tauranga
- Mo's Bar, 1142-1144 Tutanekai St, Rotorua
- Mt Mellick, 317 Maunganui Rd, Mt Maunganui
- West End Tavern, 223 Old Taupo Rd, Rotorua