Coriander dressing with mussels and cockles
Serves 4 as a starter
• 2 cups coriander
• 1 green chilli, seeds removed
• ½ tsp cumin
• 2 cloves garlic
• ½ cup olive oil
• Zest and juice of 1 lemon
• 1kg mixture of mussels and cockles, scrubbed
• Crusty bread for serving
1. To make the dressing: place the coriander, chilli, cumin, garlic, olive oil and lemon into a blender. Blitz until well combined. Set aside until required.
2. Heat a barbecue until hot. Place the shellfish on to the hotplate and cover. They will take a few minutes to open. Place on to a large platter and drizzle with dressing.
3. Serve with warmed crusty bread.