Black Caps coach Mark Greatbatch has slammed his side's inept batting after another embarrassing loss in Bangladesh.
New Zealand's been beaten by three runs in the fifth and final one dayer in Dhaka, to lose the series 4-0.
Chasing 175 to win, the Black Caps were bowled out for 171 in the final over with Grant Elliott top scoring with 59.
But after slumping to 20-5 coach Mark Greatbatch says there are no excuses for the poor batting.
He says they are putting themselves under pressure far too early and not playing straight enough.
The Black Caps have just days at home before heading to India for a three test tour.
Black Caps' all time low?
- The series win is Bangladesh's second against a major cricketing nation (beat West Indies 2009).
- Bangladesh have won 11 games in total against the other top seven nations.
- Before the series the Black Caps had lost to Bangladesh just once.
- The Black Caps' averaged 194 runs an innings in the series.
- The last time the Black Caps failed to win a match in an ODI series of more than three games was 2005/06 against South Africa (lost 4-0).
- In 2010 the Black Caps have played 16 ODIs, winning six.
- NEWSTALK ZB/Herald online