A boy has minor injuries after suffering an electric shock believed to be from a fallen power line.

A police spokeswoman said fire, St John and police were called to Furniss Rd in Pollok, near Waiuku in Franklin district, about 9am.

An 11-year-old boy reported receiving an electric shock and had been taken to hospital with minor injuries.

A Fire and Emergency northern communications spokesman said the shock had come from a power line which was on the ground.

Advertisement

Counties Power spokeswoman Jodine Laing-Reeve said the power line was down at a private property and was a privately owned line.

It was a low-voltage line that had since been isolated and made safe.

There were no public safety concerns.