Eggs and rabbits caused 459 accidents at home last year.
And while the eggs and rabbits causing these accidents were not necessarily of the Easter variety, ACC is warning people to follow simple safety tips to prevent injury this Easter weekend.
Easter was a time when a lot of injuries in the home happened as people use the long weekend to finish jobs before the bad winter weather really sets in, ACC said.
Last Easter weekend 6800 people were injured in and around their homes, with more than 3000 of those people injuring themselves in a fall at home.
ACC said there were a few simple safety tips to follow to prevent a trip to the hospital:
* Spend time planning out activities.
* Be realistic with what you can achieve and get experts in if needed.
* When using a ladder, make sure the ladder is stable before climbing it.
* When hiring equipment make sure you know how to use it and have the recommended safety equipment.
* Always keep the safety guard in place when using power tools.