Qantas and Jetstar have followed suit from other airlines, banning the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices from its aircraft.
The banning of the phone follows reports that the devices were catching fire and, in some cases, exploding.
"Qantas and Jetstar customers are advised that the carriage of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices on-board is prohibited on all flights," a Jetstar statement said.
"This is due to concerns regarding potential fire risk from the device's battery after a number of incidents worldwide, and follows a ban put in place by regulators overseas."
The ban applies to devices being carried onto the aircraft, in carry-on baggage as well as checked luggage. Other Samsung devices are not affected.
The new rule took effect from 12.01am today.
Qantas Group's previous policy allowed carriage of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 on flights if it was turned off. This restriction has now been broadened to their total ban.
On Saturday Air New Zealand placed a ban on carrying the devices on board, which followed a decision by the United States Department of Transportation to ban them from all US aeroplanes.
Air New Zealand said the devices can neither be carried on, nor checked in with luggage.
"Air New Zealand is strongly advising travellers not to bring these devices to the airport with them," a statement said.
"They cannot be accepted for travel and there is no storage facility available for them at our check in areas."
The ban follows the directive of the Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) and the United States Department of Transportation (DOT).
Air New Zealand has also consulted with the New Zealand Civil Aviation Authority about the problematic mobile devices, which were released in August.
Airlines have not allowed passengers to operate or charge their Note 7 phones for weeks. And a smoking Galaxy Note 7 forced a Southwest Airlines flight to evacuate earlier this month.
A 13-year-old girl on the flight to Baltimore said she felt a burning sensation on her thumb while holding the phone, which had significant smoke damage, burn marks and a melted cover, Eyewitness News 5 reported.
The phones were recalled on September 2, and Samsung has since discontinued the phone and offered full refunds or exchanges to anyone who still has one.