Steve Skinner, chief winemaker at Elephant Hill Winery, spoke to the 25 guests in an intimate setting at The Underground Reserve, a F.A.W.C! event last night.
Elephant Hill created the event so people could experience wines that haven't been released yet and ones that are limited in stock.
"They got to spend the evening with Steve, our chief winemaker, and alongside the wine we had a selection of canapes, which came off our new-season entree menu," an Elephant Hill spokesperson said.
"Judging by the laughter coming up the stairs it sounds like they all had a very good evening."
* A Melody of Flavours - from 6.30pm to 10.30pm, at Linden Estate Winery.
* The Secret World of Chocolate - from 4pm to 5.30pm, at Picnic Cafe.
* The Kiwi OE - from 6.30pm to 10.30pm, at EIT.
* Reunion Dinner - from 6pm to 10pm at Milk and Honey, Ahuriri.
* Electric Ladyland, with Kent Baddeley - from 6pm to 10pm, at Art Deco Masonic Hotel, Napier.
* Green Gastronomy in the Gravels - from 6.30pm to 10.30pm, at Stonecroft Winemaker's House, Havelock North.
* Pipi 'at Home' at Home - from 11.30am to 1.30pm, at Pipi, Havelock North.