I am against any changes to present waste-collection system (Local news, April 17).
This is just another way of raising rates, which are already impossible to cope with.
We have now got water meters on a separate charge but once again rates did not drop but increased, thus it was a double raise.
Katikati has an excellent recycling centre, which is well used.
If the Western Bay of Plenty District Council persists in going ahead with yet another "nice to have" item perhaps it could be made voluntary to join.
No to changes.
I'm surprised how few New Zealanders realise that Israel Folau is quoting the words of Jesus from the Bible. See Revelation 21:8.
Grateful for hospital
I would like your readers to know that they have a gem of a healthcare facility in their midst - the Tauranga Hospital.
On a recent visit to your lovely country, with its diverse eye-pleasing landscapes, I had the misfortune of needing emergency medical attention.
But I had the good fortune of being admitted to the Tauranga hospital where I received excellent treatment.
The doctors, nurses and specialists, were courteous, prompt and attentive. To them, I shall forever be grateful.
Not only were the medical staff exceptional, but the support personnel were also. And there are no parking fees for visitors.
The Bay of Plenty Times welcomes letters from readers. Please note the following:
• Letters should not exceed 200 words.
• They should be opinion based on facts or current events.
• If possible, please email.
• No noms-de-plume.
• Letters will be published with names and suburb/city.
• Please include full name, address and contact details for our records only.
• Local letter writers given preference.
• Rejected letters are not normally acknowledged.
• Letters may be edited, abridged, or rejected at the Editor's discretion.
• The Editor's decision on publication is final.