We're enjoying new inner-city lunch spot Heaven Scent Food Co (pictured), next to The Grove in St Patrick's Square. The team behind Heavenly Pies has gone from market stalls to this lovely, light-filled space where you can expect delicious pies such as port, wine, beef and blue cheese and braised pork belly plus salads and cooked breakfasts.
Open Mon-Fri, 7am-3pm, with evening hours and take-home meals coming soon. At weekends you can find the pies at the Hobsonville Pt Farmers' Market. Ph (09) 354 4440.
THIS WEEK WE'RE ...
• Booking a ticket to join fitness expert and Warriors' nutritionist Lee-Anne Wann and doctor of integrative medicine and international speaker and author Kathleen Wills for the seminar Feeling Stressed, Tired or Can't Shift the Kilos? at The Pullman hotel, Tuesday, May 6. Tickets $45 at iTicket.
• Eating our way around The Chocolate and Coffee Show, a new showcase of independent coffee and chocolate producers, at The Cloud on Queens Wharf this weekend. Tickets from Eventfinda. See chocolatecoffeeshow.co.nz.
• Heading back to Soul after their two-week refurbishment - they re-open tomorrow with a completely overhauled kitchen.
Auckland's hospo kings and queens have been noted, with the announcement of the finalists for the 2014 Lewisham Awards. Voted by those in the industry, the finalists include the personalities and teams behind such restaurants as Baduzzi, Ponsonby Road Bistro, Cibo, Harbourside and Eight.Two. Winners will be announced on June 1.
WATCH THIS SPACE
• Le Vietnamese Kitchen is opening soon opposite Ponsonby Central - we can't wait to try their take on French-Vietnamese flavours.
• Federal St is being paved to turn it into a more pedestrian-friendly environment, which means more street-front indulgence at restaurants such as Depot. The shared space is set to be finished early in June.