My kids absolutely love these nourishing, wholesome home-made banana popsicles, made with coconut cream to create a wonderfully creamy taste.
Each is dipped in coconut sugar to give an incredible toffee-like coating, though they are also wonderful dipped in cacao nibs or crushed nuts for a little texture.
I have also been known to add a little cocoa to the mix for a delicious chocolate version.
The possibilities are endless really!
TOFFEE COATED BANANA AND COCONUT CREAM POPSICLES
Makes 6-8 popsicles, depending on mould size.
• 1 cup coconut cream
• 1 ripe banana
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/3 cup coconut sugar
1. In a food processor or blender, add coconut cream, banana and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
2. Pour the mixture into icecream moulds, then insert a popsicle stick in each.
3. Place in the freezer for at least 5 hours, or overnight.
4. To unmould popsicles, dip the frozen moulds in a bowl of warm water. Give them a little tug every couple of seconds until they are loose enough to gently pull out.
5. Place the coconut sugar in a shallow bowl or plate. Gently press each popsicle into the sugar until well coated.